Dental Abrasions Gardena, CA
Are your teeth showing signs of wearing down? Dental abrasions can look unappealing over time and can negatively affect your dental health and your self-esteem.
At Gardena Dental Care, we understand that dental abrasions can be unattractive and uncomfortable to live with. Our office provides personalized dental abrasion treatment to ensure your smile is always feeling and looking its best.
What Are Dental Abrasions?
A dental abrasion is an irregular wearing down of the tooth's surface. The abrasion usually presents itself as a v-shaped nick on the bottom of your tooth. There are many habits and practices that can lead to dental abrasions, such as:
- Frequently consuming foods and beverages that contain lots of acid
- Poorly-fitted dental clasps on your dentures
- Using too much strength while brushing your teeth
- Mouth piercings that scratch your teeth
- Utilizing a hard-bristle toothbrush on a daily basis