Request Appointment for Dental Abrasions
Dental Abrasions Gardena, CA
Are your teeth showing signs of wearing down? Dental abrasions can look unappealing over time and can negatively affect your dental health and your self-esteem.
At Gardena Dental Care, we understand that dental abrasions can be unattractive and uncomfortable to live with. Our office provides personalized dental abrasion treatment to ensure your smile is always feeling and looking its best.
What Are Dental Abrasions?
A dental abrasion is an irregular wearing down of the tooth’s surface. The abrasion usually presents itself as a v-shaped nick on the bottom of your tooth. There are many habits and practices that can lead to dental abrasions, such as:
- Frequently consuming foods and beverages that contain lots of
- Poorly-fitted dental clasps on your dentures
- Using too much strength while brushing your teeth
- Mouth piercings that scratch your teeth
- Utilizing a hard-bristle toothbrush on a daily basis
Symptoms of Dental Abrasions
Dental abrasions are capable of creating serious dental health issues, including exposing and damaging your tissue and nerves. Abrasions can also make your smile look tired and worn out. Some signs of a dental abrasion to look out for include:
- Uncommon tooth sensitivity to the cold or heat
- Tiny v-shaped dents that show up on the bottom of your tooth
- Sore or uncomfortable gums
- Uncomfortable tooth pain
Ways to Help Prevent Dental Abrasions
If you’re suffering from a dental abrasion, we can help. Our Dr. Omid Barkhordar is highly experienced in giving his patients expert and personalized care. Our practice is also fully furnished with the latest in dental equipment and technology. You can help prevent future dental abrasions by:
- Stopping detrimental habits such as nail biting or object chewing
- Following Dr. Barkhordar’s professional instructions on proper tooth brushing
- Refraining from using too much strength when brushing your teeth
- Making sure your dental appliances have a comfortable fit
- Keeping up-to-date on your routine dental checkups
We’ll Help Bring Back Your Dazzling Smile!
Come in for a free consultation or give us a call today at (424) 295-7885 and start treating your dental abrasions!